Newly Updated Mobile E85 Locator App – More Features, More Interactive
February 28, 2013
(February 28, 2013) Washington, D.C. – Looking for E85 fuel? There’s an app for that. The Renewable Fuels Association (RFA) in partnership with the Iowa Corn Growers Association is unveiling a newly updated Flex-Fuel Station Locator application for iPhones, iPads, the iPod Touch and all Android devices. The application is free and available in the App Store or the Android Marketplace. The Flex-Fuel Station app will help users pinpoint any station in the United States offering E85.
- New features of the app, which was first introduced in 2011, include:
- A Flex-Fuel Vehicle (FFV) Identifier
- After inputting make, model and year of a vehicle, the app will alert users if their car is Flex-Fuel or not, in order to help avoid misfueling.
- Route Planner
- Adds the ability for consumers to enter a starting and end point to determine E85 stations along a certain route.
- MPG Education
- Uses educational information from www.FuelEconomy.gov and includes other factors of MPG such as low tire pressure, wind, and driver actions.
- Includes the ability for consumers to enter state, city, or zip code to determine E85 stations in the immediate area.
- Add or Remove
- Gives app users the ability to alert the database of new stations, closed stations or other corrections not presently included in the location information used by the app.
“With more than eleven million flex-fuel vehicles in America, we wanted to make it easier, faster, and perhaps more educational and fun for drivers to find E85," said Robert White, RFA Director of Market Development. “Americans increasingly demand more fuel choice at the pump. They want alternatives to petroleum, especially foreign petroleum. They want fuels which are domestic, renewable, and environment-enhancing. They bought FFVs for a reason and we want to keep fueling the change.”